Some months ago I came across Swiss Designer Hakim who created the brand HSA Geneva Design. He makes shoes, dresses, accessories and even lingerie!
I thought an Interview would be the best way to get to know him and his passion for fashion a little bit more….
1. When did you started to have a passion for fashion?
I’ve been having a passion for fashion and especially for the mixture of materials, from a very young age. I remember trying to create a logo at that time.
2. Why do you think, you wanted to become a fashion designer?
I love to create, so I tried it with music and made my own song but then I’ve found my way to fashion. My whole family told me to continue on this road. So when I had some money together, I’ve decided to launch my own brand.
3. What did you do to get where you are?
I believed in my dreams and my knowledge in this industry.
4. Was it hard to get where you are right now?
Fashion is currently associated with lifestyle and the difficulty was to approach people with a lot of notoriety.
5. Who are your biggest supporters?
My main supporters are my family but I think first of all you have to support your work yourself!
6. What is your favorite quote?
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
― Bruce Lee
7. What pieces have you already created for your brand?
I’ve started my design with high heels and then I made women and men’s clothes. Now you can say i do all kind of things, also accessories like watches and sun glasses…
8. How many collections have you created?
This year I’ve made 3 collections which I think is very big for a new designer like I am.
9. Name your collections?
The Saphir collection was marked by stones and mixed fabrics. Berber was more about mixed colors and jewels.
Then the feather collection which is obviously decorated with feathers.
10. What was your best experience so far?
When Totally Carol contacted me ? YES! you participate to my notriety on social network with your posts, but THE best was my first fashion show and when Ducaskopy Bank told me that I was selected among the best Swiss designers!
11. A tip you would give to somebody starting a fashion designer career?
Just believe in yourself and don’t listen to people who tell you that it isn’t possible for you. Believe in your dreams!
12. Where do you see your brand in 5 years?
I hope to see my creations on many Swiss people soon and then on people from the rest of the world ?
13. What is the favorite piece you’ve created?
My first high heels from the Saphir collection.
14. What is the dream piece you would love to created?
I would love to make an evening dress with a lot of details and particulary optical fibers to launch a new style. It should be colorful and illuminated by led lights, but I still have to study how to make it because it’s actually very complex to do…
15. Who is your favorite designer?
For dresses my favorite designer is Zuhair Murad and for the rest I like Dolce&Gabbana.
16. What was the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
When my brand started to be more famous, a lot of people who rejected my projects in the past started to be more social with me and I find that very funny.
17. When did you created HSA Geneva Design?
HSA was created in 2015
18. What was the first piece you’ve made for your brand?
My first creation were my Saphir high heels ?.
Is there something more you would like to say?
I would like to thank you for this interview and to contribute to the expansion of HSA Geneva Design in Switzerland. I would also like to thank my partners, Ducaskopy Bank , Elena, my family, Yacine for my new YAC croco collection and all my lovely followers .